Kool-Aid Gun Fight Leads To Two Injuries In Detroit
Two Detroit teens have been wounded after a gunfight broke out over what eyewitnesses say was an argument over who makes the best Kool-Aid.
The beverage-based battle took place Tuesday night in the city’s Brightmoor neighborhood in front of an abandoned school building, according to WJPK-TV.
“The initial argument, from my understanding, began over Kool-Aid,” a witness told reporter Andrea Isom, who confirmed the story with Detroit officers.
The tongue-lashing increased in intensity until two of the men from the conflicting Kool-Aid crews started shooting each other.
However, neither shooter hit their intended mark, according to ImperfectParent.com, which reported that two innocent bystanders, both 17, were hit by the stray bullets.
One victim was struck in the wrist and the other got a bullet in the rear.
Both victims were taken to local hospitals to be treated for their injuries and both have since been released from the hospital.
Meanwhile, Detroit police are looking for the two shooting suspects, one of whom reportedly left the scene in a purple 2007 Impala.
Although Kool-Aid seems to be one of the least important reasons to fight someone, much less shoot them, arguments over the popular powdered drink are not unprecedented.
Earlier this month, a woman in Pahokee, Fla., was arrested for domestic assault after she had a fight with her brother because someone drank his Kool-Aid, the Palm Beach Post reported.
During the argument, the woman threw a vase at her brother, who was sitting on the porch.
The woman later told authorities that her brother was crazy and that he was upset because of the Kool-Aid while the brother said he was tired of his sister’s disrespect.
Source: The Huffington Post
The 207Rewind.com encourages comments about stories, but you must follow our terms of service.
- Keep it civil and stay on topic
- No vulgarity, racial slurs, name-calling or personal attacks.
- People who harass others or joke about tragedies may be blocked or removed.
The primary rule here is pretty simple: Treat others with the same respect you'd want for yourself. Here are some guidelines (See More):
It should be noted this is not a comprehensive list.
- Don't insult one another or the subjects of 207Rewind.com stories. You may be ticked off at what someone did or said, but you can explain that without resorting to name-calling or obscenity. Remember that young people are on this site too.
- That nasty line that makes your buddies go "haw, haw"? You're better than that.
- Comments should be your own work, not copied and pasted from elsewhere, though brief quoted passages to make your point are fine. And please don't use all capital letters. There's no need to shout.
- Stay focused on the issue in the article. Off-topic posts will be deleted.
- This isn't a forum to chat about your personal life.
- Some ideas — the fate of the earth, abortion, gun control, the nature of God — aren't going to be resolved in a reader forum, so no need to get frustrated if others don't see your point of view. State your position once and leave it at that.
- If you mouse over each comment you will see a "Flag" button. Please use it if you feel comments on the site are out of line. Quite often, we won't see a comment until it's reported.
- Questions about why a comment was — or wasn't — deleted? E-mail us at comments@207Rewind.com and let us know your username and where you posted or saw the comment.